Need Help: Aura AUV-80SE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anyone help me? Recently my amplifier just blow smoke and when I checked, I found that there are "problem" with the components used. The components for both L & R channels should be same but in the early power amp section, I find that 1 channel is using transistor BD136 while the other is BD135. I have been using this amplifier for years and this make no sense to me...I tried to replace the BD135 with BD136 but it just wouldn't work. Does anyone have the schematic for this amplifier?

I've seen Aura amps with an AUV80 sticker on the back, but on this side the model was called VA80 (Special Edition for the goldy look)

Afaik, all early models that were produced by the Bower & Wilkins amp company used the same topology.
The MPA1 and filthy expensive MPA810 monaural amplifiers, manufactured under the B&W label, also had MOSFET output stages.

ANALOG GUY duplicated an Aura integrated amp a few years ago, he also posted the schematic, not sure which model.

The different devices for the regulators is probably for even loading of the powersupply rails, the Aura integrated models run on a single bank of electrolytic capacitors.

I've checked Analog Guy schematic..its for model 100 but I guess I can roughly get a fair idea how the circuit works. I've just changed the RCA socket for this amplifier and link the port to the PCB with silver wire. Change the old caps to new ones and lastly looking for an op-amp to replace. I'm considering OPA2134 or AD8065 but then again it depends on whether the chips can use with the supply voltage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.