Exicon 10n16 / 10p16 vs Magnatec BUZ900/905

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was asking myself the same thing this week. I also want to buy me a buch of lateral mosfet's, specialy no the dollar is that low compared to the Euro.

When I look at the datasheet's I don't see a difference. My preference are the BUZ devices while they are used by many DIY'ers on the forum and many pro's.

Greetz
Ben

Hi hihopes, Bensen

Both of the Exicon and Magnatec devices use exactly the same silicon die and they are both made in the Semefab factory in Scotland.

It is not well known but Profusion and Magnatec have very close ties to each other.

If you want lateral mosfets at much cheaper prices and actually get a better device then you might want to look at www.class-d.com devices. They are made in the same factory (Semefab)
But have been modified for higher stablity and better power handling capablity.

These devices have just been released and are available from
www.class-d.com by contacting Mike Soppelsa
mike@class-d.com
They will also be available later this year from aussie amplifiers.

They are available currently in single die N and P devices as well as the dual die N and P.

The photo below shows the dual die N and P devices

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• classd_mosfets_1_1.jpg
    classd_mosfets_1_1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,013
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.