Oscillation~ Pre or Power's fault?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A few months ago I encountered something strange with my amplifiers.

One day I when changed the interconnects between my preamp and power amp, a very loud mid-frequency tone came out from the speakers. I switch off the power amp late, 3 seconds, after that as I was too scared. I believed it should be the interconnects that triggered oscillation. So I change back to the original one. To my expectation, no oscillation this time... But something more serious....One of the tweeters was dead quiet!!!!! Burnt....Oh Dear!

After the tweeter was replaced, I tried those devil interconnects once more. To my expectation, oscillation occurred!! I suspected they were highly capacitive. Then I measured the capacitance of 3 pairs of interconnects:

A- (200pF) Stable, sounds the best
B- (160pF) Triggers very loud oscillation
C- (70pF) Stable, sounds a bit too bright

That's strange~ The most capacitive one was the best, and it's stable too!!

I am still muddled... Post here to find out which part I should blame.
Which amp was actually oscillating, pre or power? And why would the medium capacitive pair introduce oscillation?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.