Zero feedback amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thomashek said:
Recently I have listened to one of the Densen amp. Company says there is no feedback in their amp. It was really interesting. Did anybody try something like that ?
You can not build an amp with some gain,
with Zero Feedback without getting considerable distortion.

When you see Zero Feedback mentioned, it means
Zero Global Feedback.
That is No feedback from Output to Input.

They still use local feedback,
either active, or passive with a lot of resistance.

If every stage has enough local feeback
you can get a good amp
with Zero Global Feedback

/halo - has not yet built an amp without some kind of feedback :idea:

thomashek said:
Recently I have listened to one of the Densen amp. Company says there is no feedback in their amp. It was really interesting. Did anybody try something like that ?

I'd be willing to bet, if given a schematic you could find feedback. There are many ways of building negative feedback into a circuit, without the need for global feedback. (Actually, I' think that it's near impossible to build an amplifier without any feedback.)
Feedback reduces distortion.

I happen to like the sound of a low distortion amplifier, and cringe at the sound of a distorted one. However, others may like certian types of distortion. I guess it's all a matter of taste.

If you can come up with a schematic, post it here. I'd be interested in seeing a "no feedback" amplifer scheme.

-Dan

DannyCool said:
Hi

1 of my friends is working at Densen in Esbjerg-denmark but he can't with schematics!
Soooo, the poor slob who has to work on it just...what? Throws the thing in the wastebasket?

Actually silly not to release schematics...anyone who really wants to can recreate it if they want to crack it open. And if they are doing it because they are trying to fix it, I can guarantee he won't be recommending his buddies buy one.

And where did this idea that feedback, global or local, was an evil thing? Say it with me kids: Feedback good, distortion bad. And if someone says something about TIM, I'll wash yer mouth out with soap. ;)

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Personally, I hope that all amp manufacturers adopt the
same attitude. I understand that Krell international
distributors still can't get schematics. (but of course I
can). MuuuuHahahahaha......

More to the point of the thread: I think that we can all
understand the marketing pressure to say something like
"no feedback", which is the audio equivalent of having
Cameron Diaz in your movie.

Also personally, I accept a certain amount of puffery in
advertising, and allow that "no global loop" qualifies
as "no feedback".

DannyCool said:
Hi

1 of my friends is working at Densen in Esbjerg-denmark but he can't with schematics! But he says that the amp is something like LC-Audios "The Millennium XP" amp.

http://www.lcaudio.dk/temil.htm - sorry no page in english:cannotbe:

Correct, there are pages in english! Click at the button "English language" up in the right corner or simply surf to http://www.lcaudio.com but not every pages are in english yet, just wait and see, I suppose.

"Nothing like a nice 4 stage darlington output circuit
to enhance stability. ;)"

Nelson,

actually these amps works just fine. I have the class A amp from LC and it´s the best amp I´ve heard yet. It´s no-feedback and is DC-1Mhz. They use to build a bridged version that was 4Mhz and 1 degree at 20k, that amp has some resolution :)

Being a sick individual I still search for something new though, but Aleph5, GamuT D200 and ARC VT100 didn´t make it.

Keeping my eyes now on XA160, maybe will check out TacT Audio as well. Or maybe just upgrade to the latest version of the LC Audio class A amps (Zapsolute mk4.1).

Happy listening!

Oh, btw did read about your "active bass absorbers" in danish magazine High Fidelity, puh....!!! yet another project to dive into ;)

/Peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.