marantz 1180dc issue HELPPP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Vintage Marantz on the fritz...

Andy...Welcome!
Nice gear, old Marantz, Any specifics as to when it went out, were you doing anything specific...like listening to it loud, changing input cables...were you playing music when it went out, any noise it made prior to going out?
Does the speaker relay still click on (That three or so second delay before it plays..an audible click sound)., any sound at all, hiss, hum?
Does it have any odd smell to it now?
We have several guys here who know Marantzs' in and out, but need more info.
_____________________________________Rick.........

marantz 1180dc

hi! thanks for the prompt reply, its great to see so many hi fi enthusiasts online, in relation to the marantz 1180dc issue, the song was in fact fading out about 10 seconds to go before the song ended, i wasnt playing it that loud at all, i initially thought that the cd player skipped but when i checked i realised the amp had failed. there was no odd smell, it still powers up, however the relay no longer kicks in. i opened it up today and noticed that half the outputs are in fact toshiba and not marantz - not sure if this is a problem or not? internally in the amp now i hear a funny hizz which i dont recall hearing earlier...hope this helps! Thanks again, Andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.