simple designs for 50-100W amplifer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have have very recently gotten intrested in making my self a speaker amp, one of the main reasons was that I didn't want to spend more than £100 on an amp. I am not to bothered how it looks. I don't want it to hiss but I am not an audiophile. I am a beginner so it needs to be fairly simple.

TomJ said:
I have have very recently gotten intrested in making my self a speaker amp, one of the main reasons was that I didn't want to spend more than £100 on an amp. I am not to bothered how it looks. I don't want it to hiss but I am not an audiophile. I am a beginner so it needs to be fairly simple.

Hello TomJ.

Either you can use TDA2050 (search on that keyword, here at forum)
or some other Power Amp IC.
It is real simple. But can sound very good!
-----------
Or you can start learning the basic constructions
with Transistors.
A great learning place is Rod Elliot's Site:

ESP - Elliots Sound Projects

/halo - didn't know a thing when he started :rolleyes:
---------------------------------------------------------

Unique Audio Products from ESP!!!
- All should check in this! Best things to get good SOUND. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Just one sample:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Lead-free, oxygen-free, copper-free Solder
In 2002 legislation makes it illegal to sell products containing lead. This solder is a unique blend of tin, antimony, silver and platinum. Guaranteed free from harmful lead, copper and oxygen. Supplied in a sealed container.
Gauge: 22swg
Melting temperature: 950 degrees Celcius (number 15 Weller tip required).
Flux: Trichloroisocynate (wear breathing apparatus).
Order: SOL0018 at £36.25 per 10oz reel.

Look at the GainClone thread. Especially the "Not Another GainClone" one. You'll find some design inspiration from Peter D. and some others. Schematics and mods suggestions are included throughout the thread.

It's probably the simplest Amp you'll find here and it sounds quite very nice :)

Don't forget to use a 2X24Volts transformer if you wish to get those 50Watts.

'Hope this helps !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.