Sansui G-7500 help needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am new to the forum, looks like a great site, please bear with me if I post in the wrong place or do something wrong, thanks!!

I am working on a Sansui G 7500, I am looking for a clean schematic, i found a few on Google but they are near impossible to read.
Mabey someone can actually help with my problem. I purchased a Sansui G7500 receiver from a yard sale in non working condition for $20, looks mint but didnt work.
When I got it, I would partially power on, lights would come on but no green power light and no relay click, I figured it was in protect mode. So I tore into it and found the right side power transistors were bad, a pair of Sankens, an A1106n and a C2581N per side.
I pulled the bad outputs and wham, it came on and played loud and clear from the left side. Green power light worked, relay clicked and no more protect mode.
So, next I swapped the good outputs to the problem side, the amp came on like it should but played very distorted from the right side and will go into protect after a few mins or excessive volume. So, this is where I am stuck, I figure it may have a bad driver on the preamp board but I cant find one with a short, cant find a good schematic to parts chase, can anyone help? Is there something else I should be looking at or testing? Thanks for any input on this.:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.