I just want a volume control pre-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I'm just finishing off my little audio project,
comprised of a 2 way front end run active and a subwoofer, using car audio amplifiers as power amps (mmmm cheap watts)

I'm currently using a car head-unit as my source (with my pc going to it's aux in) mainly because it has an inbuilt 3 way crossover, however i believe that it's introducing a fair bit of noise to my system, so that's about to be replaced with a seperate 3 way crossover which gets it's input from my pc (via an entech number cruncher DAC)

What i'm severely lacking however is some sort of volume control for all of this, is it possible to build a VERY simple little box with literally a pair of rca's in, going to a potentiometer then going to a pair of rca's out?

I'm looking for as cheap and as simple as possible :) (without sacrificing sound quality)

Tim

I tried searching for an answer but i jsut got FAR too many threads, and couldn't see any relevant :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.