Historic Rotel Amps 1980's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Andy,

Rotel's Michi line was manufactured from 93 to 95. I have a RHB10 amp and I am very happy with it. 200 wpc (actual 238wpc 8 ohms). It weighs 63 pounds and it is built like a tank! Just about every component in it was the best you could get at the time. It cost $2700.00 USD at the time but now they go about 1/3 of that on eBay.

For some reason people didn't look at Rotel as a high end audiophile company and it didn't really take off like it should have. I have become friends with one of their service techs and he always asks upper management to take another run at it! We will see. Maybe it didn't cost enough to get the attention from the community!

If you can get a used amp, grab it. The preamps were nice but today there are a lot of other manufacturers also to choose from in the used market place. The CD Player is very nice too and is supposed to be better than the RCD 990/991 and the RCD 1072 (I wonder if it can be improved with some mods). The FM tuner with a few MODS has been said to be in the top 10 all time tuners

If you are looking for something High End from the 80s, I don't know so I hope this is what you were asking about.

Regards//Keith

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.