Parasound HCA-2000 Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Parasound that has developed a distorted output on its left channel. Any guesses as to what the problem may be before I open it up?

I'm guessing that maybe a Fet up chucked. I think it uses 2SJ115 and 2SK405 as drivers. Anyone know a source for these? They seem to be back ordered everywhere I look.

Thanks is advance.

Looks like I was a bit premature thinking I had it licked. It runs for a while and then the volume lowers somewhat on the left channel and gets distorted. It runs that way for about 30 seconds and then returns to normal. Watching a sine wave on the scope it looks normal. This happens when it is putting out around 6 watts and still in class A operation.

Any ideas?

Have you vacuumed out the interior? That is what I would do at first and clean the input and output contacts. Next, I would 'exercise' the interior electronic connectors and use Deoxit or something similiar on them (with the unit UNPLUGGED FROM THE WALL, of course).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.