Unknown transistor - Help !!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear friends

I have a old radio with a unknown damaged transistor.
The transistor have the motorola logo and is write "8113 STASIS PNP" in the package TO-3.
I need change this transistor. Anyone known this motorola code and can identify this transistor ?

Thanks,

Aldovan
:bigeyes:

If it is a transistorized radio, then u may have same transistor in other stage(s). Check if the transistor is Ge or Si, then replace with any modern transistor of similar size and type(RF or AF). U will not damage anything. Install the pins properly.

Gajanan Phadte

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi djk,
Sounds like a Threshold amp to me.
I was about to say that! :cool:
Use MJ15025 for PNP, and MJ15024 for NPN.
Yup. Nelson may have some insights on that. I wonder if he ever took this design further?
Do not even think about replacing one output, replace them all.
Absolutely!

You left me darn near nothing to say here djk! ;)

-Chris

Aldovan,

Are you testing properly this germanium transistors?

Junction voltages is about 0.1 to 0.2V, gain is low and lots of leakage is the norm...and not mean a defective component.
If you have only one TO-3, its a "A Class" output, steady state current was about 1 to 2 Amperes.

Marcos

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi m2003br,
Aldovan says: "I have a old radio with a unknown damaged transistor"
It has nothing about Threshold amps...
Well, this is interesting
The transistor have the motorola logo and is write "8113 STASIS PNP" in the package TO-3.

We were hoping Aldovan would then give us the make and model of the radio. Since this is still a mystery, no comment can be made by anyone. Agreed?
Are you testing properly this germanium transistors?
Now, either you have information that no one else in this thread has or you just jumped to a conclusion.

Would you care to share Marcos?

-Chris

Hi Anatech,

Aldovan have another recent topic in diyAudio, where he asked for especifications for an old germanium TO-3 transistor, 2N176
and, all in all, old Motorola radios don't have anything with Threshold amps, and, from my best knowledge, all of this radios (existing in Brazil, at least) have germanium output transistors.

Marcos

aldovan said:
Dear friends

I have a old radio with a unknown damaged transistor.
I need change this transistor. Anyone known this motorola code and can identify this transistor ?

Thanks,

Aldovan
:bigeyes:

Hi.
If it is an old Motorola car radio with a single output transistor

any of the following can be substituted :-

OC35
OC28
2N176

Look on EBAY.

The 2N176 was the'original' car radio output transistor !!

See :- http://semiconductormuseum.com/PhotoGallery/PhotoGallery_Motorola_2N176.htm

Good luck

Andy

EDIT :- How many do you want ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/184-RARE-MOTORL...-TO-3-PNP_W0QQitemZ130145444142QQcmdZViewItem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.