Can you help me about 2sb649A/2sd669A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, please can you help me about those transistors, are they genuine Hitachi or they are fake?
Thanks!

Attachments

• pict0252.jpg
    pict0252.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 709
Hi,
these are not carrying the characteristic etched marking method and shape of molded case always used, not genuine Hitachi...

Andrew,

they do a low power To92 version

Who? The Caribbean pirates? The TO-92 package is simply inappropriate for this transistor and never announced or manufactured by Hitachi.
Its properties are specified, for different properties another designation is assigned.

AndrewT said:
they do a low power To92 version of this transistor with what appear to be identical characteristics.

Hi Lumba,
go and have a look at the Hitachi 2sb647a datasheet.
Most of the data is very close to that for 2sb649, except for the voltage, current and power derating to match the To92 package.

I contend that this same chip could well be used in both devices with just the copper backplate increased to allow the extra dissipation.
But, I could be wrong.

You are probably right, it wouldn't be the first time this was done. just look at the venerable BD139/140 and it's TO92 version, BC639/640.

The chip looks small, but I doubt the real thing is very big, perhaps a bit over 1mm square. The writing is odd, looks like laser cut or etched, the genuine devices are similar but very shallow (almost like print).

Hi Andrew,
OK, now I understand what you mean and YES you are very much right. Manufacturers use often transistor chip designs in several different packages resulting in recognizable similarities.
The package of 2SB647 is TO-92L
Other nice devices from Hitachi I would like to mention: 2SD756 2SC1213 2SC1775 2SD1609 and their complementary pairs.
- That`s superior Japanese technology.
Kindly regards

AndrewT said:
Hi,
they do a low power To92 version of this transistor with what appear to be identical characteristics.
If this is indeed a high power version, then we would expect the chip to be smaller than the norm, but that does strike me as very small.

Yes you are right, look at attachment, but now I am so confused, is it genuine Hitachi transistor or not :dead:

Attachments

• 2sb649_a_unisonic.pdf
    77 KB · Views: 141
Hi,
have you seen Zetec's 3A transistors built into the Eline package?
Some SMDs have similar spec in the sot23 and 223 packages.

It appears that the chips can cope if the heat can get out.

Think about the relative size of a big power transistor and the much bigger heatsink to keep it cool. Same philosophy, but on a different scale.

Zeljko,
now I am so confused
Do not be. UTC is a Taiwanese pirate.
Only Hitachi`s manufacturing technology should be trusted.
I still cant believe it that small silicon chip can deliver Ic current of 1A
Actually 1.5A
The operating area and dissipation level of devices in audio use, in general terms and especially versus data sheets, would be another issue.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.