can't play stereo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi i recently built a sound system that has a quility preamp that fully works(tested). Then i have these 2 signals going into td1905's nothing special.
ok anyway
my problem is That when i connect the speakers theres a really load squeel. But if i remove one speaker then the other functions perfectly
As goes with the other speaker.. So it'll only let me play one at a time...Any idea's on what could be wrong cheers.

Loud squeal is probably oscillation. Where do the grounds for your speaker terminals connect to? They should connect to your main star ground point - not on your amplifier pcb.

Do you have zobel networks on the amplifier output ?

You will need to describe things better I think... what circuit are you using as a preamp ? What power amp circuit are you using? How is your power supply set up?

umm ok i have incoraparated all 3 curcuits onto one board.

The preamp is rod elliots audiophile's stereo preamp. the power supply is general +- 15V using 40watt torodial and its as far away from the preamp as possible and also is seperated by a grounded sheet.

Umm as for speaker ground that may be the problem. my speaker ground is going to preamp ground coz of convienice .. its all sitting on a metal plate for a chassis , so hopefully i'll put the terminals in a star with PT center tap and earth and it'll go away

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.