schematic for AKAI AM=M939

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi bigpanda,
I've looked and I don't have it. If no one has it, they can't give it to you. I'm sure you could download this from some manual service web site.

Or, pictures posted and ask questions while giving us some information. DiyAudio is here for guys who want to build things themselves. Sometimes they can even fix an amp.

-Chris

Hope it is not offensive to cry for help. I am desparate. If I leave my amp opened up for another 2 weeks, someone would nag me to put it away for good.

I had been searching thru the internet for the manual but never got anything, not even something close to that model. Could it be that they had the same hardware but a different model for different regions? Does anyone had any idea of its alias(if there is one)? Or a similiar model's schematic that I might make use of? I have seen them being sold on ebay with exactly the same model # but I forget to drop down the item location. I have tried the akai site but I said it doesn't have that model on list.

Hi,

The model exist OK.
My supplyer, ASWO of Germany stocks the Service-manual, but for a price:
They want @ $30 for a copy. Steep, but if you REALLY need it...!

ASWO can be found here: http://www.aswo.com
They are wholesellers and you should as a private individual probably contact them for an address of a retail company near you (if in Europe) and if NOT in Europe they could advice some company willing to export. (That won't be me :) )

ASWO partno: 404935

Kind regards,

/tricomp

Chris :

Tks But I am not able to do it too soon for I don't have a DC. I have to borrow my friend's first before any picture can be taken.

Here's my amp's 'medical history' :

1. The speaker light takes a long time to turn on or even have to switch the amp off on a few times before the speaker lights will turn on (speaker connected) Could it be a DC at the speaker output or just a mal. of the protection circuit that I never investigate. When that happens, I can still hear the music thru a headset.

2. The input selector (a digital soft-touch) sometimes goes wild. I have to switch to other input and back a couple of times before the input is properly connected.

When I look at the power amp. board and the output transistor, I cannot see any physical mishaps at least visually.

What I would try to do will be jamming an audio signal to the power amp bypassing the input selection part. That should be right before the volume control. But I can see that the volume control is done with a 4 pt pot. which I would have to figure out which is the input from the selector and output to the power amp. but there are other wires going in and out of the pot board that is quite confusing. I must figure out where they are going (and probably what they are for)

I would also check for DC at the speaker outputs if the speaker stays off for a long time.

Tricomp :

Tks for the info. I have tried searching that site but with no result. I ' ll try again harder later

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.