Hafler 1K trimpot fried - how do I replace?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have recently refreshed/restored my Hafler XL-280 power amp and upon powering up with a series lightbulb and a variac, I noticed that the bias trimpot on one side appeared to be very erratic in its operation. After some fiddling, I powered down and gave the trimpot 10-15 turns from stop to stop to loosen it up and clean the contacts.
When I turned the amp back on the bias was very, very low (about 50mA at full ine voltage) and the trimpot did absolutely nothing no matter how mutch I turned it. I assume the trimpot is fried - the bias was almost 200mA at 60 volts AC before I tried to loosen it up - that was too high, now it's stuck low...

When I looked on digikey and Mouser, I found nothing. This is a 1000 Ohm single turn / side adjust with a 10mm spacing between the legs. I think the wiper is 5mm offset to the rear. Everything I find is 5mm spacing with 2.5mm offset.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is wirewound Ok or only Cermet?

Anyone want to sell a Hafler 1K trimpot?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.