HELP!!!, KRELL KSA-100S Service Manual wanted!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Josemria
I too are trying to fix a KSA-300S, without any schematic.
The amp has suffered from bad capacitors, and as described from the owner, it just went dead, and released a little smoke from the back of the right hand amp.
Investigation showed that a leaking capacitor C24 had shorted to a track leading to Anode of D12.
Actually, electrolytic fluid had contaminated the surroundings of all the 4 caps C 21-24
After recaping, and completely cleaned the entire unit, it will now engage the mains relay, take in a lot of power, as the main caps charges, and then it only cliks a few times from the small relays (i think on the driver boards) and then goes dead.
I checked all the components around to be ok.
I would much appreciate to share experiance with you on this beast of an amplifier, and if you shoud succeed in getting the schematic, pls. let me kknow, and i will as well share with you, if a find a copy.

Josemria
I do not know how far you got with the KSA-300S. but i seruosly think you have the same leakin cap. problem as i have, recap the unit, and make sure that you clean ALL the residual electrolytic fluid that have escaped the capacitors, an i will expect you amp. to be fine again.
I located the error in my unit to be the twin FET transistor in the differential stage, at the input, i has an open drain in the feedback side (designation Q33), it has suffered from the conducting electrolytic fluid liying around on the pcb.
I have ordered one from littlediode, and expect it to arrive from US within next week, i will post the result here when i replaced it.
Did you ever find the schematic? (i spend quite some time reverse engineering this rather complex amp.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.