Amp Contruction on PCB - Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have had to replace the parts on my ESP P3A amp a few times already because I keep upgrading the components. I started off with the cheap stuff.

Anyways, my PCB's pads are a little degraded now (because of bad desoldering techniques), and so my questions is:

Would it degrade the performance of my amp if I used the leads of new components to connect from component to component in addition to using what's left of the copper PCB traces that might still be there? So my concern is possibly having two wires connecting components. One being the aluminum lead and the other being the copper PCB trace. Will there be something weird in the current flow that might hamper the performance of the amp?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!!!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi blap0220,
You only need fear shorting between leads. You may be further ahead sometimes to remove loose copper traces. Make sure what is there is still bonded to the substrate.

Component leads are not aluminum. They would be next to impossible to solder, and the solder for them eats normal iron tip in no time flat.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.