Help kenwood stereo receiver audio prob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok i dont know much about home stereo receivers so maybe someone can help.

the problumim having is when i hook up my spekers to my receiver left turmenals A or B it makes the speakers sound blown but the right sounds fine. now both sides are starting to do it.

also befor the warranty was up i sent it in because if the volume nob got turned by hand or remote it made a staticy sound they sent it back but they never fixed it. now that the audio is coming out sounding blown the nob dosent seem to make a staticy sound.

anyone know how i can fix the prob. Thank you

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi skullkeeper,
the problumim having is when i hook up my spekers to my receiver left turmenals A or B it makes the speakers sound blown but the right sounds fine. now both sides are starting to do it.
A and B come from the same amplifier.

also befor the warranty was up i sent it in because if the volume nob got turned by hand or remote it made a staticy sound they sent it back but they never fixed it. now that the audio is coming out sounding blown the nob dosent seem to make a staticy sound.
Is it out of warranty now?

Your fault may not be the volume control. It could be bad relay contacts that connect the speakers, or bad solder joints. Do you play it loud enough that it cuts out?

I moved your thread to the Solid State section where it will get more attention.

-Chris

no its way past warranty now.

iv played it loud in the past but i dont think its ever cut out.

it was working fin then my brother moved the table it is on a little then thats when the audio started sounding like my speakers are blown but i have tryed them elseware and there fine.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi skullkeeper,
It is possible that the speaker leads touched if they were not dressed properly. If you have a chip type output, it may be damaged. Transistor (or discrete output stages can be repaired, chip types need the entire chip replaced).

What is the model number?

-Chris

i just thought of something tell me if this sounds right.

one day i took the covr off to see if i could see what was wrong. i played around with the speaker plugs and it strted working right gain but by the time i got the cover back on put it back on the table its on and hooked the speakers back up turned it on it started sounding bad again. doesnt that sound like it would be a solder joint to you?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.