Arcam Alpha 10 Power Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
poynton said:

Ripp the guts out.
With two decent size heatsinks on the sides instead of the funny quad and the big toroid in the middle you'd have a ready to go setup for a drop-in amp transplant.
The big hunk toroid of the Alpha-10 deserves better, it was sized for a 3-channel layout (afaik)
4 quid is a steal for so many beauty parts, are the 4 output devices not Toshiba models ?

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
I like the Alpha 10. It doesn't fit with my current tastes, but it offers supremely good, relaxing listening. It's certainly not as bad as you make out Jacco, ( ;) ), and would work well with an over-bright main system.

Oh, and I dropped you a line with my address, thanks.

jacco vermeulen said:

Ripp the guts out.
With two decent size heatsinks on the sides instead of the funny quad and the big toroid in the middle you'd have a ready to go setup for a drop-in amp transplant.
The big hunk toroid of the Alpha-10 deserves better, it was sized for a 3-channel layout (afaik)
4 quid is a steal for so many beauty parts, are the 4 output devices not Toshiba models ?

I did consider this but as it is working and, after the respray, looking half-decent, I decided to keep it or at least, sell it on Ebay or through the forum.

Besides, I have enough half completed projects!!!!

Andy

poynton said:
Besides, I have enough half completed projects

Know what you mean, it's 28C overhere and i long for the big booby babe beach.
All work and no play for dull Johnny at 25ft up.
Will make a nice profit if you sell the 10er.

(Nothing in my incoming box yet, yea Alness, you may have to do a second run)

Attachments

• spot the looney2.jpg
    spot the looney2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 174
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.