Sansui AUX911DG repair tips

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi highviewvideo,
This site doesn't work like you may think. Thanks for the tip, but it may get lost.

They way we work is to respond to requests for help and DIY projects. Plus posting your own designs and DIY progress.

Welcome to DiyAudio,

-Chris

I have the same problem. I like to try the solution you describe . Could you please give me some details on how to find those parts in the amplifier (where to search the power supply ..) Maybe you have a picture of it?
thanks in advance, hope to hear.
regards Fred

Open the case. Looking down from the top with the front panel away from you the power supply board is in the centre towards the back of the unit. It measures 150x100mm (approx)
On this board are many capacitors but pay attention to two 100mF caps (63V) which may have discoloured. easy to test if you have an ESR meter. Also check for high restsance (dry ) joints.
Again looking down at the unit the input sockets are on a board at the near right. You have to remove this board from the unit to gain access to and replace the small drive belt on the input selector and encoder board.
I hope this helps.

Problem at Power-Up

Hi,

We have a 911 Amp that doesn't complete the power-up cycle. Maybe a protection circuit is cutting-in.

Basically when we press the main AC power button on the front the RED LED just keeps flashing and doesn't go to it's normal steady-state..

Has anyone seen this problem with the Sansui AU-x911DG Amp?

the selector gears contacts get off
teflon break you can swap position, i loose one contact, it fall on the floor and i c'ant find, i will trow this nonsense amplifier in the dust bin:

Attachments

• P1070709.jpg
    P1070709.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 110
  • P1070710.jpg
    P1070710.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 104
  • P1070712.jpg
    P1070712.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 167
i will trow this nonsense amplifier in the dust bin:
What a waste... I have the same issue with these fingers. In my case someone had a go at them and glued them to the plastic. But if you look carefully you see unused posts that can be used to re-attach the fingers to the wheel. I will attempt this and report back here.

Attachments

• wheel2.jpg
    wheel2.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 42
  • wheel1.jpg
    wheel1.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 35
The glue in the left pic above had gone brittle and the fingers were all bent. I tried hot melt glue but the vanes also fell off. So I decided to use the spare posts. With my soldering iron at 180°C I carefully melted the post to fix the vanes. This resulted in a complete fix. The contacts were cleaned and not greased in any way. The gold flash will wear faster but the sound will not be affected. The scope shows subsequent input switching.

Still, what a horrible engineering...

Attachments

• wheel_in.jpg
    wheel_in.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 39
  • wheel_rec.jpg
    wheel_rec.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 45
  • SDS00102.png
    SDS00102.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 36