i need LUXMAN B-10 service manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Marinos,
That is a real beauty! Let's have an inside shot, please? :angel:

Luxman is normally a reasonably straight forward design. It shouldn't be that difficult to figure it out. We have not had a Lux distributor in Canada since Alpine came in direct and dropped the line. The next guy didn't help Luxman here at all. I did Luxman service for years and they usually did well compared to most other mass market brands technically speaking.

If you are very familiar with amplifier servicing, this should not be too difficult for you.

What is the serious problem that you have?

-Chris

Edit:
Hear hoofbeats: expect horses, not zebras
Gee Glenn, that's a pretty black and white viewpoint you have there! ;)

It's just a general way to phrase Occam's razor (or the K.I.S.S. rule).

When I was a wet-bench tech in the semiconductor industry, I trained techs to troubleshoot and fix the gear. These were huge multimillion-dollar machines, using an array of technologies from robotics, motor control, thermal, optical, and air-pressure sensing, PLC's, PC's, pneumatics, and on and on. Guys would jump into problem with the most bizarre, complex theories about why the equipment was misbehaving. Did my best to tech them that 95% of all problems were basic and logical, and nowhere near as involved as their 'theories' suggested.

Of course, the saying can refer to a lot of other things as well...from UFO 'sightings', to 9/11 conspiracy loonies.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Glen,
Of course, the saying can refer to a lot of other things as well...from UFO 'sightings', to 9/11 conspiracy loonies.
Still huh?

I agree with you though. Most guys look for the really wacked problems when they normally have a simple solution. It's finding the solution! The most difficult faults are the ones created by "technicians".

-Chris

anatech said:
Hi Marinos,
That is a real beauty! Let's have an inside shot, please? :angel:

Luxman is normally a reasonably straight forward design. It shouldn't be that difficult to figure it out. We have not had a Lux distributor in Canada since Alpine came in direct and dropped the line. The next guy didn't help Luxman here at all. I did Luxman service for years and they usually did well compared to most other mass market brands technically speaking.

If you are very familiar with amplifier servicing, this should not be too difficult for you.

What is the serious problem that you have?

-Chris

Hi Chris

thank you for your comments and your help .

The 2 B-10 have serious damage from bad repair. The pre-driver stage is very complicated and sophisticated .

" ...It shouldn't be that difficult to figure it out... , ....If you are very familiar with amplifier servicing, this should not be too difficult for you....." He (my technician) cannot find and use the test points and he don't know the values of measurements :xeye: The circuit of this amplifier they is exceptionally complex :xeye:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Marinos,
I hate bad technicians. So, your amplifiers were "struck by technician". The previous guy should be shot. Especially since those are really nice units. What a moron!

I'll have a look around for you. I didn't even know that model existed. I will bet they are similar to something Luxman has already done before.

So, would you please take some pictures and post them. Send me full resolution shots at bhomester at gmail dot com. I want to see the PCB's on both sides.

-Chris

anatech said:
Hi Marinos,
I hate bad technicians. So, your amplifiers were "struck by technician". The previous guy should be shot. Especially since those are really nice units. What a moron!

I'll have a look around for you. I didn't even know that model existed. I will bet they are similar to something Luxman has already done before.

So, would you please take some pictures and post them. Send me full resolution shots at bhomester at gmail dot com. I want to see the PCB's on both sides.

-Chris

The first stupid technician replace two safety-resistors(i hope that you can understund) with simle resistors . When he blow up again the amp , the damage was extended in the previous stage !!

Chris i will be send you fotos as soon as possible .

Thank you very much for your interest !

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Marinos,
I contacted a fellow I know who used to know the original Japanese Luxman staff. Once they were sold many contacts were gone.

I have some information on the Canadian distributor, but one in Europe would be better to contact.

-Chris

Congratulations, very rare power amps.

Attachments

• luxman b10 halve output stage.jpg
    luxman b10 halve output stage.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 315
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.