New to all this - help with leach amp please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, I'm pretty new to the forum and just came back to it after about a year.

I want to build a 2 channel leach amp and was wondering if you guys could help out.

I know there's a modified pcb out there that is a better than the original, delta audio developed it I think?

I was wondering where I could purchase the board already made?
And is that 1 board for 2 channels or is it just for one?

Also any of you guys sell all the parts as a kit together or do I have to scout the whole web for it lol?

Also.. heatsinks.. where's a good place to buy em?

Thanks so much for all your help,

Ilya

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
The Delta guys don't have any PCBs left (or they didn't any time I've checked), so you'll need to download their CAD files and have some boards manufactured. They aren't designed to be etched at home. A group buy would probably be successful since it has been a while since anyone made up any Leach boards (that I'm aware of).

And if you choose the 5-pair output configuration the documentation of resistor values is not complete regarding the over-current protection. So you'll have to figure those values out yourself based on your power supply capacity and output device SOA. And report back on the answers you come up with. :)

Note that the Delta circuit is still a Leach amp. The PCB layout and parts list itself is 'modernized', but the circuit is fundamentally the same. So the original Leach boards should sound pretty much the same if you go that route.

..Todd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.