My Last Smps Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Eva said:
Your layout does not show any safety spacing (5mm recommended) between mains live side and output side.

streetera said:
Needs at least 8 mm creepage and clearance between input and output (including across opto / isolation barrier and any swtiching XFR)

Nice the pros put up some numbers on safety distance. But the CE regulations demand at least 6 mm creepage and clearance distance for class II and 0.4 mm isolation thickness minimum anyway between the mains parts and touchable LV parts.

Even it is DIY and for you own use (and risk), it is wise to comply with this distances for your own and others safety.

Cheers ;)

Some people dont see DIY electical safety as an aspect of good design. Im different to these, I do. of course I cant make anyone do anything over such a medium as this but I can just ask politely that they inform others of any safety short comings where there are KNOWN to exist. regards A Streeter

about pcb design

In my smps the voltage is 342VDC input (127VAC with doubler) and the output is around (regulation less) +83/-83VDC and there´s not danger enter primary and secondary tensions. I never have problems with safety clearance because 3mm is very good distance. Remember 1mm/air isolation = 1000VDC , ok?

Bye for all

regs are real but thouse of us that do this for a living had to start.

my bigest smps does 12kw and semikron tell me that's small.
mains rectified will all ways give a new man a lesson!
and it hearts!

nice to see a toriodal smps tx also i did one and the big boy told me it would not work,it did :D

schematics

Here is...

Attachments

• smps11.gif
    smps11.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 417
regs are real but thouse of us that do this for a living had to start.

my bigest smps does 12kw and semikron tell me that's small.
mains rectified will all ways give a new man a lesson!
and it hearts!

nice to see a toriodal smps tx also i did one and the big boy told me it would not work,it did :D

hello aandy,

can you share some details of the 12kw smps?
i am very curious regarding PFC, cores winding, caps, igbt's, etc

best regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.