Help me fix this Yamaha YST-SW015 subwoofer - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st May 2012, 10:37 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Default YST MSW10

I have one of these which shuts down after about 5 minutes. I am a total beginner on electronics so maybe I could start with this, since it does work, and very well, but briefly. Help??
Old 1st May 2012, 11:41 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phivates View Post
I have one of these which shuts down after about 5 minutes. I am a total beginner on electronics so maybe I could start with this, since it does work, and very well, but briefly. Help??

I believe the problem is something might have shorted out inside and it is causing it to shut down. I recommend looking at the circuit board and look for any dark spots or buzzing coming from within. If you know how to use a multimeter then check any transistors or capacitors to see if you get conductivity or resistance. Other than that I can't think of anything else. The subwoofer has and option to shut itself off if it does not receive a signal so you might want to start there, make sure the input is receiving a signal and turn the switch in the back to off. Let me know on your progress.
Old 2nd May 2012, 01:49 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the quick response. It shut down while getting input so I'll just see what I can see. Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 06:32 PM   #24
padman is offline padman  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default In need of schematic please

Hi this is a long shot as its an old thread, does anyone have the schematic for Yamaha yst-w 015 subwoofer. Please mail me icread37@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks ir

Hide this!Advertise here!