Help me fix this Yamaha YST-SW015 subwoofer - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th January 2008, 07:15 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Default Schematic

I'm actually looking for a schematic for a sw015, is yours a pdf file? and could you email it to me?
Old 6th January 2008, 07:31 AM   #12
tvi is offline tvi  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I'm actually looking for a schematic for a sw015, is yours a pdf file? and could you email it to me?
Yep, a 2.5meg PDF, whats your email address?

Regards
James
Old 7th January 2008, 02:27 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Default schematic

My address is: whitetm@clearwire.net
Old 7th January 2008, 04:45 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Default Schematic

Just wanted to let you know that I receiced the pdf and wanted to say thankyou, you did great.
Old 9th March 2008, 07:48 AM   #15
Glennp is offline Glennp  United States
diyAudio Member

Default FryedCircuit - did you get your subwoofer fixed?

hey FryedCircuit - did you get your subwoofer fixed?
Old 10th September 2008, 10:58 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Default Schematic

I need the schematic too please (SW015). If you have time can you email it to me @ (tanduay_2000@yahoo.com) Thanks
Old 11th January 2009, 10:14 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Default schematic

Please send me the schematic of sw015, I really need it.. thxx..

My email is geolaurente@yahoo.com

thxx. in advance..
Old 13th March 2012, 11:44 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Default YST-SW015 schematics

Hi, I may be too late for this thread but if anyone reads this and if you have a copy or the schematics can you email it to me. matdilllon@gmail.com

I actually blew something inside the amp. I removed the 6.5 inch sub-woofer and hooked up a bose acoustics series II sub-woofer passive and a 12 inch DXi PolkAudio sub-woofer before it quit. I think it lasted about 5 minutes before it quit. Now I only hear two clicking sound coming from the amp one after the other and no sound from the woofer itself. I think the Ohm's from both woofers might have killed the amp. The Polk Sub is a DVC sub. Dual voice coil at 4 ohm each. Any suggestions on how to fix this. I was reading on one of the post that the STK404-070 chip might be the cause. Can anyone shed some light on this. If you need any more info I can forward it. I am not a technician so I really don't know what I am doing, however I have had some luck fixing some t.v.s with the help of forums like this one. Thanks in advance.
Old 14th March 2012, 07:18 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Nevermind I found the problem myself. One of the transistors in the back near the power amp gave out. I figured it out using a multimeter set to check the ohms on the transistor. There was no resistance so I removed it and replaced it with one I had lying around. Only problem now is that the transistor overheats to the point where it smokes when I cranck up the volume. I think itīs rated for higher impeadiance then the one that blew up. I know these transistors are color coded but I donīt know how to read the code so I can order the right part online. I think Iīll try my luck and order an assortment of these transistors and hopfully i get lucky.
Old 14th March 2012, 09:51 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quick update for anyone else that blew their YST-SW015 amp. First off always check the fuse so you can save yourself alot of time and trouble. Second if you are experienced with a multimeter it is a great tool to have. I am a bit literate with a multimeter so I know what to look for now when something stops working inside small apliances. So this is what I did, I had an old cable box that I took apart and use for spare parts, so far it has saved me alot of time and money since I dont need to order what I need. Just make sure you test the parts you find to check they work and that they match. Well it turns out that the part that burnt inside my amp was in the cable box power board. I removed it and replaced the original with this one and voila my amp works like new again. I already tested it, it has been running for about 3 hours with no overheating and no sound distortion. The transistor that I replaced was rated for 0.13 Ohms 1% tolerance. It is located in the back next to the STK404-070 IC chip. Hopefully this information will help someone else repair their broken YST-SW015 amp. Always make sure to unplug whatever electronics you will be repairing before working on them and discharge any electrostatic from your body by touching a metal surface to avoid any further damage to your device.

Hide this!Advertise here!