Help me fix this Yamaha YST-SW015 subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have one of these which shuts down after about 5 minutes. I am a total beginner on electronics so maybe I could start with this, since it does work, and very well, but briefly. Help??

I believe the problem is something might have shorted out inside and it is causing it to shut down. I recommend looking at the circuit board and look for any dark spots or buzzing coming from within. If you know how to use a multimeter then check any transistors or capacitors to see if you get conductivity or resistance. Other than that I can't think of anything else. The subwoofer has and option to shut itself off if it does not receive a signal so you might want to start there, make sure the input is receiving a signal and turn the switch in the back to off. Let me know on your progress.:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.