Cambridge A60 integrated amp circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone by chance know where i might find the circuit for the Cambridge (A&R?) A60?

I've seen a 2nd hand one for NZ$500 (about US $230). It's quite small and lightweight so I'm figuring not too many expensive heatsinks and large transformers etc. Yet in one audio mag (I think it was HiFi News and Reviews, Nov 1999), the A60 was nominated as one of the products of the century.

Cheers,
Joseph.

Yep, I sent off an e-mail asking arcam the other day and just got the service manual for it e-mailed back to me today! They're a friendly bunch.

I was hoping to get a copy of what the PCBs look like to make things easier, but unfortunately there isn't a diagram in the manual. All the circuit diagrams are there though so geez I can't complain at all. I'd now like to suggest that everyone buy arcam CD/DVD players etc.

Sorry this has taken a while to reply to, but my computer's packed a sad. (I'm using a friend's one at the moment)

Kay, I think the story goes that a couple of students at Cambridge University designed and started manufacturing the A60 and sold it under the Cambridge brand. They later changed their brand name to Arcam. I don't know anything about the A75 but I'd hazard a guess that you've effectively got yourself an Arcam amp there. I'm not 100% sure about my facts here so I stand to be corrected.

Downhere and MD - I'd like to forward you on the copy of the manual but due to my (aforementioned) computer problems I've lost my digital copy of it. I'd suggest writing Arcam a friendly e-mail too. I've only had a quick squiz at the manual and although the production of the A60 ceased in the early eighties, most of the transistors are still readily available.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.