simple amp, PNP driving PNP pairs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all,

I just have a TDA2030A amp which is very good. Now I am eager to make a serious simple bipolar amp driven by 6922 in front.
I had a Mac C28 pre amp which I convert the head phone amp to a PNP-NPN- 2 NPN quasi complimentary PP with very good sound indeed. Almost the best SS amp sound I have, but this after lots of work on power supply, choosing of caps, and fine tuning operation point.
My understanding of amp now is that it is much more implementation, rather then topology, both in tube and SS. So I want to build a simple amp from ground up.
Since I have lots of MJE 15031 and 15033, I am thinking of using 15031 pushing a pair of Quasi 15033 PP. Beta about 120. Power supply will be +/- 12 volts with battery, if I can get good sounding class AB, else I will use FR type diode PS.
I am thinking of Remitter for 15031 at 68ohm, to get around 16-18ma bias, and Rcollector of about 680 ohm. Rbeta to 12V+ve sub be around 47K, while R beta to the 12V-ve is to be fine tuned, may be around 68K.
Any kind advise please? I just need 5-8 watts to drive ported speakers of about 90-92db.
For the front I will use 6922 caps coupled to the SS amp. 48V of battery supply with Rplate of about 1K and R plates of 300-500ohm unbypassed. Will let the ear to do finalizing¡­

Tks and best rgds

William Lee

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.