Rega Mira 3 schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Seriously thinking about buying the Rega Mira 3 integrated amplifier (I already have a Rega Jupiter CD-player).
Because I am an old radio-amateur and former electronic engineer then to see a sirquit diagram is more important for me then listening test in the shop:)
Is the anybody has the Rega's schematic diagramm or link to it?
Cheers

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
I do not have the circuit diagram, however as a very general comment I have found the Rega electronics disappointing.

I have a the Rega 3 turntable and cartridge which are OK, so I have nothing against the company. However their electronics seem very much designed down to a very low price point, and then put in a fancy aluminium box.

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
salas said:
What you are looking for mainly, as a testament of quality in such a circuit class?

Only to have good porformance as with other equipment at the price point. In comparison the offerings from Creek and Cambridge Audio performed better at higher volume settings. However, this is just my *subjective* opinion.

Objectively, when observing the inside of the Rega amplifier the PSU capacitors seemed small. Perhaps this contributed to the subjective performance?

When I saw the schematic for the Rega Brio, I thought "They have got to be kidding!". As a headphone amp sure... but a poweramp for driving speakers? and at the price Rega gear sells for ? You might as well build a gainclone!

I guess though, this doesn't mean that the Rega Mira is bad...
maybe if you're willing, you could pop the lid and take pictures :)

jaycee said:
maybe if you're willing, you could pop the lid and take pictures :)
I found a lowres picture of the Mira's internals in one review. There are lot of black-beetle on the PCB (I am afraid there are cheap and nasty operational amplifiers in signal path but may be there are high-quality chips in volume control processor - who knows?):)

Thanks a lot, Salas. I need to drive low-sensitive DIY speakers from Troels Graveson: http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/W1500_97_krasnodar.htm
Now I am using Pioneer AX3 receiver with 120W/per channel and I concider this is the minimum power requirements.
Naim Nait 5i definetily is not the pretender.
I'v read a Stereophile's test/review about the Nad M3 and they said: 'The NAD M3 offers excellent measured performance, and in my auditioning I was struck by how smooth it sounded: "as smooth as silk," according to my listening notes.—John Atkinson'
I would like to hear this amplifier but it is available on demand only.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Firstly, congratulations on a very well executed and well chosen project of yours. But are you planning to use a 235W true RMS @ 1% distortion amplifier (Stereophile measurement of NAD M3) on a 5.5 inch speaker's voice coil? You gotta be easy on that volume knob.
The amp has a bargain build for the money for sure. All this smooth thing makes me suspicious because it can easily translate to plain 'boring'. Your speaker is already smoothly voiced with a downward slope. In the same price category there is another contender that you may care to see and listen too. Its a McIntosh.

Seriously thinking about buying the Rega Mira 3 integrated amplifier (I already have a Rega Jupiter CD-player).
Because I am an old radio-amateur and former electronic engineer then to see a sirquit diagram is more important for me then listening test in the shop:)
Is the anybody has the Rega's schematic diagramm or link to it?
Cheers
I am also looking for this schematic.
On the web I have found only the operating (Owner's) manual:
http://www.rega.co.uk/downloads/Mira 3 manual.PDF

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.