Adcom GFP-565 OpAmp question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I'm considering replacing the gainstage chips and main ouput buffers of my GFP-565 with OP627's and BUF634's, respectively.

Unfortunately, I didn't purchase the AudioXpress GFP-565 modding issues when they were available and the service manual I purchased from Adcom many years ago has disappeared over the course of time.

On the Adcom board, there's a stage with chips labeled IC201 and IC202, a stage labeled IC205 and IC206, and another stage labeled IC401 and IC402. I think that one of these is the gain stage, one is the output buffer stage, and one is the tape out buffer stage, but I'm not sure which is which.

If someone could shed some light on which stage is which, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

KT

Thanks, Terry

This information helps a lot. When the AudioXpress articles came out, I was really tempted to get them. I had so many preamp projects in the pipeline at the time, though, that I passed. I should have sprung for them though.

Well, now I'm upgrading the chips since I have the OPA627s.

I always thought the GFP-565 was a marvelous performer. A good all-around preamp that doesn't hype up any particular aspect of the sound. Just solid and musical.

I'll probably purchase the AudioXpress CDs at some point, but for now thanks for the info. I'll just change out the opamps for now and slowly work towards the full mods later.

Best,
KT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.