My Leach Amp Clone (LEACH 150)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am finishing my LEACH 150 amp. It is a kit available from DIYZONE in Taiwan. The schematic in pdf can be download from http://www.diyzone.net/images2/LEACH1006SCH-1.pdf. The amp is constructured in mono-block fashion. Each channel has a big toroidal transformer capable of delivering 150 WRMS output.

The figure shows you the assembled PCB and transformers. I will measure the amp using AP System One. I will follow the measurement procedures used in Stereophile equipment review.

Will this clone perform as good as the original LEACH. Some measured data are available from Prof. Leach web site.

Attachments

• imgp1269a.jpg
    imgp1269a.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 3,070

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Correct you are. Good eye, Tim!

The schematic is 90% Leach, but its Q7/Q8 are configured much differently than the corresponding transistors in Leach's circuit. I don't think it's just because it's drawn differently. And the servo points are not Leach.

..Todd

panson_hk said:
I am finishing my LEACH 150 amp. It is a kit available from DIYZONE in Taiwan. The schematic in pdf can be download from http://www.diyzone.net/images2/LEACH1006SCH-1.pdf. The amp is constructured in mono-block fashion. Each channel has a big toroidal transformer capable of delivering 150 WRMS output.

The figure shows you the assembled PCB and transformers. I will measure the amp using AP System One. I will follow the measurement procedures used in Stereophile equipment review.

Will this clone perform as good as the original LEACH. Some measured data are available from Prof. Leach web site.

The page cannot be found

Hi Zero & Panson,
the link does not work because this site adds a "." to the address.
The poster did not bother to check that his link worked (bad boy).
See post6.

Due to his laziness/oversight your work around is to right click, copy, paste, delete the extra "." at the end of PDF and go.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.