too much ripple - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th July 2007, 03:39 AM   #11
sandyK is offline sandyK  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Too much ripple

Try connecting the metalwork of the preamp to the metalwork of the Power Amp.This sometimes helps.

SandyK
Old 5th July 2007, 07:27 PM   #12
steevo is offline steevo  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default power supply ripple

I have reconnected the ov from my power supply board instead of going straight to my preamp board have connected it to the phono sockets signal earth. here I have all the phono socket signals earths connected daisy chanied together at the back of the preamp. I then have screened cable from the phono inputs to a selector switch, from the selector switch to the volume pot, from the pot to the preamp input, then from the preamp ouput to the phono output socket.This seems to have elimited almost all of the noise. There is still some noise but to hear it I have to take the the grill of the speakers and push my ear into the bass cone to hear it so its almost gone Its just a bout micorscopic to the ear. Has anyone got a better way of connecting the ov to preamp to avoid earth loops, is this the correct way.

Steevo

Hide this!Advertise here!