I need help on TDA7375

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, i am new to this great forum and i need help to make a simple amplifier to play my mp3 player in my car.
first i have searched in the forum and found that the TDA7375 is good to start with.
i have 2 speakers 4ohms impedence.
from the data sheet i got this
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

because i have read that the bridged amplifiers can produce better watt.

should i start building it now exactly like the datasheet diagram? or i have to make anything else?
and how can i make the sound loude enough to be heared in an old car on travelling.

and what is pin 7 used for (ST-BY) ?? and what should i connect it to ??

and the most important question, i see pins 1,2 and 14,15 are connected to the speakers, it is like +/- or 1,2 are tied then connected to the (+) terminal and the other is ground and the same with the other speaker ??

i hope you understand my bad english

i am so sorry because of my long questions :(

please help
Thank you very much

Pin 7 is used to turn on and off the amplifier without physically connecting and disconnecting it from the 12V supply. Connecting this pin to ground turns the IC off, and connecting it to 5V (always through the recommended RC filter) turns the IC on. Don't apply more than 5V to this pin to avoid damage to the IC (you will probably need a small 5V regulator or a zener diode).

The speakers are connected just as your diagram shows. Pin 1 is L+, pin 2 is L-, pin 15 is R+ and pin 14 is R- (they forgot to state the polarity but it becomes obvious by looking at the other figures). Thus, the two terminals of each speaker have to be wired independently to the IC (no common ground). This is called bridge tied load (BTL).

Sorry, another question please
in this diagram the sound volume is fixed, how can i make a volume control on this, i think it will be something like changing the input inverting or non inverting input by making a voltage devider, but which riostat should i use, i mean 100K 50K ... etc.
and where should i connet it, it will be 2 ristats one for every speaker?
i am confused about it !!

many thanks

greetings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.