diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Solid State (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/)
-   -   Power amplifier 400watts or up (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/104428-power-amplifier-400watts-up.html)

Riche Lemuey 30th June 2007 03:26 PM

Power amplifier 400watts or up

Hello! can any one help me? im searching for a schematic diagram of a power amplifier that can deliver about 400watts RMS or up.. to an 8 ohm 18" 600watts speaker... co'z im planing to build a Sub-woofer amplifier that i can add to my simple mobile sound system... hmmm... i want to try the DX amp... but i don't think that can match the power i needed.:smash: :smash:

microp 30th June 2007 04:47 PM

HI! You can use bridged Dx turbo. It will be 600W RMS :bigeyes:

zeonrider 30th June 2007 06:04 PM

Hi!

Try Quasi or power amplifier on development.
It is good enaoght for your use.

Regards zeoN_Rider

Riche Lemuey 1st July 2007 01:09 PM

hi microp,

600watts power is great.. do you have a circuit diagram of that DX turbo?

hi Zeon rider,

Quasi power amp is good.. but im bothered with the cost of building one co'z mosfet transistors were too expensive here in our country.. but still the idea of building Quasi power amp would be secondary...

thanx!

regards
Riche

Riche :rolleyes: :bawling:

zeonrider 1st July 2007 02:12 PM

Hi!RM

Have you look at Quasi bipolar, very cheap.

Regards zeoN_Rider

Riche Lemuey 2nd July 2007 08:17 AM

hi..

thanx alot man, have you heard about the W-type sub woofer And the G-box? do you have the idea about the dimentions of the baffle? they usually use this baffle on an open field as wide as a softball ground. here in the phillipines, the W-type Baffle was renamed as "sub-zero"....from Pampanga, Philippines... it sound really great... maybe tomorrow i'l attach an illustration on how it look like...
thanx!

riche lemuey

rogerjuvy 27th November 2009 10:10 PM

to richie,

they dont know about the word G box, it is a folded horn or in normal call it is a scoop bins,ours in philipppines we called it g box for an unknown reason. w type is called w-bin or w-box..........hope u understand:headbash::headbash::headbash::smash::sm ash::smash:

ontoaba 28th November 2009 09:39 AM

Bridged Class-D or single class-H will do better at 400W into 8ohm (it is 56 VAC rms or 160 Vpp needed to drive your speaker at 400W, only professional class amp do that thing)

andrewlebon 28th November 2009 09:53 PM

hi riche
greetings try dr borivoges stagemaster mk 2 legend 500 watts at 8 ohms use IRFP 250 hexfets as output transistors easy to build.
thanking you
andrew lebon

audiomachines 29th November 2009 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogerjuvy (Post 1994801)
to richie,

they dont know about the word G box, it is a folded horn or in normal call it is a scoop bins,ours in philipppines we called it g box for an unknown reason. w type is called w-bin or w-box..........hope u understand:headbash::headbash::headbash::smash::sm ash::smash:

I believe it is called G sub from rog mogale's site