Using LTSpice - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th June 2007, 02:53 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Using LTSpice

Hello

Since two weeks I have LTSpice Switcher CAD III ver. 2.2

It's free from Linear Technology

How can I import any schematics Jpeg, Gif or Bmp image into the LtSpice ?

Thank

Gaetan
Old 29th June 2007, 03:23 AM   #2
teemuk is offline teemuk  Finland
diyAudio Member

It doesn't have such feature. Now if I understand anything about these things the software would have to parse the picture file and to do this it should have some algorithms that interpret the nodelist and components from the pixel data. To do this it should have a comprehensive database of alternative schematic symbols for reference. Ain't no way any picture can be so consistent that it could be interpreted correctly - especially when it comes to those over compressed jpegs. This would be a very similar application as speech regognizing softwares: Too much widely varying data to interpret, requires large databases ...and still works extremely badly and requires great amount of manual work to correct all the mistakes the software makes.
Old 29th June 2007, 04:46 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hello

If somebody want to do a simulation on any schematics but does have it in Jpeg, Gif or Bmp image, how does he do it ?

Thank

Gaetan
Old 29th June 2007, 04:59 AM   #4
teemuk is offline teemuk  Finland
diyAudio Member

You manually draft the circuit to the ltspice. It's that simple. I don't know if there's any way to avoid doing this.
Old 29th June 2007, 10:41 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by teemuk
You manually draft the circuit to the ltspice. It's that simple. I don't know if there's any way to avoid doing this.

The only way is if somebody else has already done it, so you can import an "asc" file describing the circuit and its graphics.

Getting a program to understand a schematic that only exists as an image would be quite a difficult task. Not that it would be impossible if you accept that it sometimes makes errors, but difficult as in probably nobody has done it outside the reasearch labs. I wouldn't mind a program that understands my messy hand-drawn schematics, though.
Old 18th July 2007, 09:59 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default And for pc board making ?

Hello

Is there a pcboard making software who can use a schematic from a gif or bmp image file ?

Thank

Gaetan
Old 19th July 2007, 01:33 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

almost all of the pc board layout software does it's layout from either a schematic capture (SPICE) netlist file or direct layout from the program's drawing screen, none do it from picture files.
there are many different ways of drawing things like transistors, resistors, and caps, etc... and writing such a piece of software would be a nightmare....

Hide this!Advertise here!