Cymbol CA1, attention English friends.. i want this amplifier schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am also interested to watch this pré amplifier schematic.

If you can help, please, send schematic to:

panzertoo@yahoo.com

Or post it here if you think it is readable.

Many thanks in advance by your special kindness to search this one for me.... the unit is beeing made in England.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• schema please.jpg
    schema please.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 387
Hey folks...please!.... good people said this unit is exception related quality

and also punch....it is a 35 to 40 watts unit that seems to have 120 watts..... good people told sonics are from outside earth.

This made me curious.

Comments arrived telling sound stage was very impressive and dinamics was enormous

Please...you my friend..the one is living in England.... give a try to find this one, please!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• detail.jpg
    detail.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 328
Carlos,

I've never seen this amp in Oz.

Why not ask your friend in Croatia to closely photograph both sides of the pcb? That would not be so hard, digital cameras are cheap these days.... and there are lots of guys in Croatia who could reverse engineer it! Is it entirely discrete, or a chip amp?

Hugh

No problems Dzsoni...your suggestion was fine.

thank you Hugh.... i have already asked him those images.

It is a cheap amplifier.... the supply filters are small, 4700uf each one for two channels...each one of them with aprox 40 watts.

Even beeing cheap, it made a good figure when was tested together good expensive units... the guy that have informed is good to evaluate those things.

I will continue to search for this schematic, i want to see what makes that difference.

My suspection is that it has bigger voltage than the sustained voltage when producing 40 watts..... this may produce some peaks of power..as supply voltage may be bigger than the needed one to produce 40 watts..... so.... charged.... before some "fortissimo" it may be able to produce a burst of power for a brief space of time... you know..those supplies that have 45 volts without load and goes down to 32 when hardly loaded.

But some circuitry can also produce this nice effect... i am trying this effect using positive regulated supplies, but the speed is beeing a problem with the electronic regulated ones....with good filtering they turn slow....and turn fast with small filtering.....i had not a good compromise for a while.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• resize of p6240195.jpg
    resize of p6240195.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 228
Thanks Richie, Carlos,

Isn't it interesting that our perception of 'cheap' is often that it's lower quality.... and vice versa! In this regard, the consumer is often surprised. You do find that something cheap often uses the most conventional, tried and true circuits because the R&D input is low, and this results in a cheaper product, particularly if marketing costs are low as well. Sometimes you get more than you expect!!

TO220s won't give it much reserve, however, very few of them can pass more than 8A continuous, compared to the big TO247s which start around 12A and usually pass 15A.

A low voltage output stage with small devices can deliver less crossover distortion because there is lower charge to drain away at switch-off.

Cheers,

Hugh

Those things happens Hugh...as you know

I have a friend.... a very close friend, also a Radio Amateur...this one thinks that heavy equipment means strong equipment, means good equipment.

We sold to him, in one of our Ham flea market, an enormous supply with a big granite stone inside..... was very heavy..... the real transformer had not more than 3 amperes of maximum current..... exactly his need of current.

He returned to home and used for a week, when we told him about the stone, that we were kidding with him...money returned to him, as he paid 4 times the price because "heavy" and we removed the stone from the equipment insides.

Do you think he accept the big true that he was believing in snake oil?

Negative!....since the stone remotion...not more being heavy, when operating his equipment he said the S meter lamp was flashing, going to yellow, loosing brigth, and this means losses in voltage....the supply was not good anymore...... and he did not told us that was because of the stone remotion (not more heavy anymore)...he said that something happened and he do not know why.

People create "big magic" to answer their own needs to support their beliefs...it is very difficult to show the true to people that listen audio cable with less oxigen than others...they want the illusion....no chance for us to bring them back to planet earth!

I thougth that was not honest to ask them 10000 dolares to a chip amplifier inside a case made by Mahogany wood of transilvania forest.... exactly the place were Dracula was buried...now a days i think they not only deserve that, but also they need that dream to
"believe" in quality, and to feel the ilusion they need.

People live with illusion....if this was not true, how some very ugly kid could be called, and perceived as beautiful by his father and mother..... someone ugly would have a lot of problems in an entirelly rational society....illusion i a need.

So.... now i accept that someone can glue a diamond (made using cheap glass with a lamp behind) into a panel surface and say that sound will be CRISTAL clear because of that...or that clever Japanese that told equipment cannot vibrate..than he filled the unit with white epoxi cement...people could not see a cheap chip amplifier inside..and he asked many thousand dollars by the unit.

I think the sittuation is not....to be, or not to be a thieve anymore..it is to provide customer, the dream they want. the illusion they are ready to pay for.

You cannot imagine how many good equipments this unit beated...this cheap, common, popular...hehe...piece of junk.

ahahahahah

regards,

Carlos

AKSA said:
Isn't it interesting that our perception of 'cheap' is often that it's lower quality.... and vice versa! In this regard, the consumer is often surprised. You do find that something cheap often uses the most conventional, tried and true circuits because the R&D input is low, and this results in a cheaper product, particularly if marketing costs are low as well. Sometimes you get more than you expect!!

I agree there. But cheap can also mean built to a price, with undersized PSU, poor pots and switches etc. Which will have a sonic impact beyond the topology.

Yes...Ritchie...i understood, and Hugh also

For sure our comments were not directly because of you...just some words remembered me those folks...you do not match those deliroids.... your comments are always perfect, and they show a lot of knowledge.

You mean correct things.... the low price normally brings consequences in the material quality applied and because of that sonic quality loose some....was clear Ritchie.

regards,

Carlos

I am still studying the photos.... it is a little hard.

My old and good Croatian friend is helping me a lot... he is also interested.

I am still needing this schematic, there are something in this amplifier that i need to know.

The Cymbol amplifier is not in my Croatian friend's home.... he will receive it soon to some tweaks, condensers and those things...than, he will be able to produce full resolution pictures and i will produce the schematic.

Reverse engineering as people call.

But, of course, i prefer to receive schematic from our forum... there are hundreds of Englishmen in our forum...maybe i will have a chance with someone....for sure Pinkmouse had tried, but if think he could not find, as i have not the schematic in my hands....for sure he tried..he is cooperative.

Unfortunatelly, not only tophologie is very important...some circuit tricks, some decisions made create enormous difference in sonics as i could learn those last two years, and because of Hugh, from Aspen.

I am still studying the images i have, while i wait better ones or the schematic...i am in daily contact with the Croatian and we are discussing those things continuously.

Here is one of the images i sent him to ask his agreement over some conclusion i have made.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• something different here.jpg
    something different here.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 129
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.