310W Power Amplifier

Mark V Electronics seems to be defunkt as there is no web address and no telephone number that is in service. It was a pretty crappy company to deal with anyway. The parts are really simple to come up with. The transformer and filter caps aren't too much trouble, either, these days......... The PC Board isn't that great and crappy quality, besides, the heat sink that comes with it is way too small and the output section needs to be upgraded anyway. There needs to be at least 2 more outputs per rail. I like the sound just fine but I don't have time or money to do the necessary nods. I never push them very hard so what I have is just fine. What I'd really like to do with this amp is lay it out again and use flat pack transistors rather than T0-3's. I'm looking at 2SA1943 and 2SC5200's They are obtainable at MCM Electronics and if you order 10, you get a pretty darned good price break.:cool: It is a pretty stable amp except the driver transistors aren't on the same heat sink as the outputs.:scratch: I don't like that much but it seems to work. It also is designed to have a fan blowing on it so if you build one, get the fan. If you build it right, no fan necessary unless you drive it hard continuously. All-in-all I rate it very good even soundwise. Yes, it sounds contradictory but it's a cheap kit (68.00) what do you expect. I also built speaker protection devices (kits) and they work well and I highly suggest them.

Chris

TA3600 sound quality compare??

Leo
(I'm aiming to get to Hong Kong in the not too distant future) - What contact names/ leads do you suggest?

$400 HKD is only about $50 US!! :cool:
Probably for that you didn't get a power supply(?)

How does the sound quality compare, for music ??

TIA

TA3600

hi rick

i know there is a shop have 10%off in shamsuipo, i can check their phone no. and address later.

the sound of this kit just ok, very good for subwooder and P.A. system. for home use, try Sound Master's another kit "AF2", very nice amp with 2 pair of hitachi mosfet, usually, this kit will come with 1% metalfilm resistor, the price is $438HKD.

All kit of Sound Master not include power supply, so you must build it yourself. you can see the kit's pic here, its build by my friend.

ps : sound master = mark V

Attachments

• af002.jpg
    af002.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 2,342
Mark V TA3600

Diode said:
Hey,
If you dug that amp, you may love this one. I have built 7 of these from kits and use them in my home theater setup.

Specs 300WRMS into 8 Ohms! +/- 75V rails @ 8A

Measured 242WRMS into 8 Ohms resistive w/sinewave input
368WRMS into 4 Ohms resistive w/ sinewave input

I think, with a bit better capacity of power supply, I'd get 300W into 8 Ohms.

Chris

I built one of these several years ago but never got past the assembly stage. You know how it is, other things pop onto the ToDo list and it got forgotten on a shelf in the shop. I would like to finish it off but I seem to have missplaced the set up instructions. I have everything else. Perchance do you still have a copy of these instructions you could post?

Many Thanks...
Paul

To the Moderator

Sorry I don't know of a way to contact you directly so please delete this when you have read it. Thanks.

I joined this forum because I need the set up instructions for the Mark 5 TA 3600 mentioned in this tread. Granted that was back in '05. Diode says he built seven of these and I was hoping he might still have these instructions thus my first post.

When I try to email him directly I am not allowed. Would you do me the favour of emailing him my request as I cannot?

About myself: I have been involved with audio electronics for more than forty years but I am only interested in amplification for musical instruments. In the UK I owned and operated a company building and selling MI amplifiers. However in HiFi I have very little or no interest. The TA3600 is for a bass practice amp I am putting together and I need it finished ASAP.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Paul

Diode said:
Mark V Electronics seems to be defunkt as there is no web address and no telephone number that is in service. It was a pretty crappy company to deal with anyway. The parts are really simple to come up with. The transformer and filter caps aren't too much trouble, either, these days......... The PC Board isn't that great and crappy quality, besides, the heat sink that comes with it is way too small and the output section needs to be upgraded anyway. There needs to be at least 2 more outputs per rail. I like the sound just fine but I don't have time or money to do the necessary nods. I never push them very hard so what I have is just fine. What I'd really like to do with this amp is lay it out again and use flat pack transistors rather than T0-3's. I'm looking at 2SA1943 and 2SC5200's They are obtainable at MCM Electronics and if you order 10, you get a pretty darned good price break.:cool: It is a pretty stable amp except the driver transistors aren't on the same heat sink as the outputs.:scratch: I don't like that much but it seems to work. It also is designed to have a fan blowing on it so if you build one, get the fan. If you build it right, no fan necessary unless you drive it hard continuously. All-in-all I rate it very good even soundwise. Yes, it sounds contradictory but it's a cheap kit (68.00) what do you expect. I also built speaker protection devices (kits) and they work well and I highly suggest them.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Would it be possible for you to describe in more detail that mods you would make to this amp. I have four of them that I would like to get the most I can from them.

cheers, Paul