ETI 477 article - Page 9 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st October 2009, 05:38 AM   #81
suzyj is offline suzyj  Australia-Aboriginal
diyAudio Member

Well given that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I'm quite flattered.

There's a kit of my take of the AEM6000, available at Connexelectronic

That's kinda cool. I wonder how many people have made them?
Old 7th January 2011, 12:29 AM   #82
diyAudio Member

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyj View Post
Well given that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I'm quite flattered.

There's a kit of my take of the AEM6000, available at Connexelectronic

That's kinda cool. I wonder how many people have made them?
Hi Suzy,

I have only recently stumbled across the diyAudio forums and was delighted to see the various discussions about amplifier design.

Thanks for doing such a great job with my old 6000 topology.

cheers
Dave
Old 7th January 2011, 02:44 AM   #83
diyAudio Member

The Man himself, hello and welcome to this corner of the looney bin..

I can see it now..

"Oh Mr Tilbrook, did you ever work out any later mods for the 6000 amp ?"

Actually, other than the dc offset daughter board, did you ??
Old 7th January 2011, 11:10 AM   #84
Jen-B is offline Jen-B  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hello David T, and welcome to DiyAudio. Please note that the above post from suzyj is dated in 2009, and that her last appearance on the forum seems to have been the middle of 2010, so it is unlikely that she will get to read your post.

Never mind... plenty of other interesting debate for you to get stuck into, especially in the Solid State section.
Old 7th January 2011, 09:49 PM   #85
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen-B View Post
Hello David T, and welcome to DiyAudio. Please note that the above post from suzyj is dated in 2009, and that her last appearance on the forum seems to have been the middle of 2010, so it is unlikely that she will get to read your post.

Never mind... plenty of other interesting debate for you to get stuck into, especially in the Solid State section.
Thanks Jen,

The forums look very interesting! I am not sure how much time I will have to post once the Crissy holidays are over, but I will try to make some time. There are a lot of very interesting discussions being held.

Hopefully Suzy will get my message, she has done a nice job of bringing the power amp into the 21st century

Cheers
Dave
Old 7th January 2011, 10:27 PM   #86
Arius is offline Arius  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello David,

Welcome to the forums! Ah so nice to see the author of one of my favorite teenaged EE projects here. I still have my old ETI amp sitting somewhere in the storeroom at my mom's house. Brings back old memories.

Suzyj's version sure is inspiring. Good objective approach, well engineered. I might just dust off the bag of Hitachi LatFETs I've been keeping for nearly 10 years for a variant.

Not cool at all for Connexelectronic to copy Suzyj's design. Hoped they at least asked first.

Again, so glad to "meet" you.
Old 8th January 2011, 03:34 PM   #87
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arius View Post
Hello David,

I might just dust off the bag of Hitachi LatFETs I've been keeping for nearly 10 years for a variant.
Again, so glad to "meet" you.
Thanks Arius! Good for you hanging on to those FETs... A lot of really good audio components have vanished over the years.

I am more than a little cranky with Toshiba for discontinuing my favorite jFETs, the 2SJ72/73 and 2SK146/147. None of the FET manufacturers seem to be doing a matched p-channel pair any more. Very frustrating!

Cheers
Dave
Old 8th January 2011, 03:43 PM   #88
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old'n'Cranky View Post
The Man himself, hello and welcome to this corner of the looney bin..

I can see it now..

"Oh Mr Tilbrook, did you ever work out any later mods for the 6000 amp ?"

Actually, other than the dc offset daughter board, did you ??
No, I never took the 6000 any further I am afraid. I got involved in a number of other projects, one of which I was thinking of updating and posting here in case there was interest in a FET preamplifier, but it is turning out to be hard to get some of the FETs.

Cheers
Dave
Old 9th January 2011, 11:55 AM   #89
diyAudio Member

Hi David
I think many on DIYaudio forum go through that painful realisation about JFET disappearance and have been squirreling ancient Toshiba complementary types away.
There is a Vendor Forum for such "hard to gets" in TO92 packages here on the front page of DIYaudio for just such a project. They are not necessarily greatly expensive and matching is possible too.

Alternatively, some are turning to SMD types as mounted to adaptor boards or simply having a PCB properly laid out to suit. LSK 389 and complement for high gain/low noise applications have been referred to here often and there are arrays of course.

US forum member CBS240 seems to be well apprised of the necessary measures with available types. 'Hoping this is of some encouragement to you as we wouldn't like to miss the opportunity of your contribution. Looking forward to seeing more of you.
Old 16th January 2011, 08:59 AM   #90
diyAudio Member

Hi Everyone

I know this is old topic , but I need the article Of the AEM6000 poweramp to finish it after it stay in box deep inside the garage for .. say 20 years, to cut long story short , I 've built a number of AEM magazine in around 1988 through Jaycar Gore Hill, they were The digital era vifa 3 way speaker this done and still work until now, the pre amp used discrete component , and last the AEM 6000 power amp, but during construction of power amp i had kid .., then life become busy , woking working , pay mortgage ..the project were abandoned inside my bro garage , now kid grrow up, I have myself sometime to dig the pow out , but unfortunately i've lost all articles about it , anyone here can point me to a article about aem6000 power amp,I know it is old tech but i just want to finish it.
Your help is appreciated

Regards
Meganinja

Hide this!Advertise here!