regulated power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• odd.jpg
    odd.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 402
if you can't ping the IP then it won't matter which browser you
use and it isn't the DNS server that causing the problem either.

Can you reach other sites in the same domain? Try for instance
to ping 203.202.24.61 instead. I don't know what this IP is, but it
worked fine to ping it from my computer.

Christer said:
if you can't ping the IP then it won't matter which browser you
use and it isn't the DNS server that causing the problem either.

Can you reach other sites in the same domain? Try for instance
to ping 203.202.24.61 instead. I don't know what this IP is, but it
worked fine to ping it from my computer.

Actually it is very often not possible to Ping web servers directly as a lot of admins block ping requests so that the server remains a little harder to find for people out to do things like DoS attacks or flooding. The HTTP requests however are of course giving responses. At least that is how I think it is and that is true for say PING www.compaq.com.

I would say DNS problems or even client problems. Even trying a different browser is a good idea since IE6 sometimes stops working for inexplicable reasons but I see you tried Opera. Netscape, despite any other issues, ususally seems to stay working when IE stops. As usual clear your browser cache as step 1.

Sorry for the computer dravel.

UrSv said:

Actually it is very often not possible to Ping web servers directly as a lot of admins block ping requests so that the server remains a little harder to find for people out to do things like DoS attacks or flooding. The HTTP requests however are of course giving responses. At least that is how I think it is and that is true for say PING www.compaq.com.

I would say DNS problems or even client problems. Even trying a different browser is a good idea since IE6 sometimes stops working for inexplicable reasons but I see you tried Opera. Netscape, despite any other issues, ususally seems to stay working when IE stops. As usual clear your browser cache as step 1.

Sorry for the computer dravel.

You are probably right, except that I can ping this particular
server without problems, so it is obviously not blocked to
ping requests.

Christer said:

No, if it were the DNS I think it should still work to use the IP
number directly, shouldn't it?

Maybe, maybe not as they say when talking IP. Who knows it could be DNS or network problems but at least it seems that the site is up and available from other places.

And yes, I volunteer to stay off further computer stuf for a while.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.