pa300 elektor amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
any one can help me out with an amp published in elektor .the amp is called pa300 designed by reidel and has 2 pairs of mj 15003 and 15004 on the output.i decided to make this on the basis of powering my sub.the power output is not upto the expected level.i am thinking of increasing the rail voltage to 75.the present voltage is 60v.i also want to increase the output to 4 pairs.would it be possible.

Hi,
I happen to have the article.
The PA-300 delivers 164W into 8Ohms and 275W into 4Ohms.
You need more power than that?. How much then?
Raising the supply voltage you will have to redesign some of the stages. I´d rather go for some other amplifier for more power.
You must have a massive subwoofer.:bigeyes:

Regards
Jens

"Atithi Devo Bhava"

Joined 2003
Paid Member
pa300

Hi yugandhar

2 years ago i build the "Titan" from Elector. Sounds real good. It's an amazing project and also has amazing power: 300W/8ohm, 500/4ohm, 800/2ohm. When you bridge the amp it will give you 2000W/4ohm.
Slew rate 85V/µS
You can have a look at www.elektuur.nl -> zoeken -> Titan.
There is also an English site. There you go to free downloads and then to march 99.
I think they still supply the boards.

Good luck..

/ hugo likes a lot of power for the subs:)

Netlist,

Congrats on yours making Elektor's Titan amp. I have been comtemplating on beginning this project but think that the Leach SuperAmp is simpler.

Where did you find the driver and output stage transistors? I am not able to obtain them in India. Any help from you on the Titan project will be highly appreciative. Thanks.

Yugaa,

I too have one channel of the PA300 amp. On thing I would like to point out is that the sound of the amplifier changes with output transistors from different manufacturers. You could replace the output transistors, MJ15003, 15004 with MJ21193, 21194 and use a bridged PA300 amp. It could easily do 600 watts into an 8 ohm load. I am from Bangalore. Let me know what kind of help you require.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Samuel

India - Bangalore

Hynetic Electronics
No. 781/1, 3rd Cross,
Gavipuram Extn.,
Bangalore - 560 019
India
Tel: ++ 91 80 6524577 / 6614627/ 6611016
Fax: ++ 91 80 6524073 / 6670470
Mobile: ++ 91 9845049091
eMail: hynetic@bgl.vsnl.net.in
or Farnell@hynetic.com
Internet: www.farnell.com

I bought all the parts from Farnell.

I never studied the Leach amp, so there's not a lot to compare with the Titan for me. What’s nice on the Titan is that you have a complete cook-book from Elector. And it works!! And you can get all the parts from Farnell and the boards from Elector if they still supply them.

Hugo

Yugaaa,
the "PA 300" can easily be scaled up to 600W RMS per channel into 4Ohms without modifying the circuit too much. I've built several of these. Bridging is simple and gives you up to 1200W RMS into 8 Ohms. It is not as good sounding as "Titan" / "Gigant" or other more sophisticated circuits, but very simple and rugged. Just exactly what you need for PA or subs.

Sam,
the Toshiba devices for "Titan" are available from Reichelt, www.reichelt.de They deliver world-wide but often do not respond to English mails.

There have been many requests for simple high power amplifiers on this forum recently, so I'll post the schematics as soon as I have a little bit more time.

hi

i have already ordered mj21194 and 93 from onsemi.they are expected next week.only thing is the frequency of mj15003 is different from mj21194.any compensation t5o be added.
the titan is good ,still it is expensive to build and not intended for a sub i suppose.sameul thank you for offering help,my mail id is yugaaa@yahoo.com.i am not able to send mails from this site.

thank you all in advance
regards
yugandhar.k

Hey guys,

I see some of you talking about bridging the PA-300. I'm thinking of either building a double PA-600 or four PA-300's to bridge them. What would you consider best? And what power will I exactly get out of a bridged pair of PA-300's? I heard about a 500 or 600 Watts, but how will two 150W-amplifiers deliver 500W together. And will they be able to drive a 4Ohm load? I would be thankfull to the one who gives me the answers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.