Hexfred diode bridge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

I have in a few days some extra HFA08TB60 diodes to try hexfreds in my hybrid poweramp. Had 6 lying around, ordered 2 extra.

The amp has a tubed voltage stage pio cap coupled, and good old TO-3 Hitachi k135/k50 Mosfets solid state output. It can deliver about 25 to 30 Watts. Each solid state channel has a 120VA (2X22V/2.8A) ringcore transformer, two 10000uF/50V Panasonic caps and a 15A standard diode bridge with 0.1 ohm resistors in AC line to filter some diode noise out.

I mounted (and isolated) the hexfreds on an aluminium L shaped heatsink, 30X30mm footplate.

The HFA08TB60 can deliver 8A continous, and 60A in single pulse current. I think this is possible, but to be safe i want to ask here:
Can i savely use this hexfred without being afraid of blown diodes when it's powered?

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.