QSC style single supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to rebuild my old 100W amplifier with BDX66C/67C
which advantages do I have if I use a scheme as the famous amplifiers QSC?

Filter capacity is 4700/2 = 2350uF

Attachments

• qscsingle.gif
    qscsingle.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 534
The capacitors are *always* in the "signal" path, no matter if the transformer has a center tap. However, they may be inside or outside the global feedback loop.

In that particular schematic the capacitors will be always inside the feedback loop, no matter if ground reference is taken from capacitor mid point and feedback from the emitters or vice-versa. Some means of DC balancing is required, though.

ACD said:
Famous in what way ? ;)

Only advantage is that you only need a single rail power supply.
On the other hand, you get two large caps in the signal path :rolleyes:
Famous at least for the schematics... :D
(My face at the first look of these schematics : :xeye: )
This configuration can resolve the start amp bump.
-experiments coming soon -

Eva said:
The capacitors are *always* in the "signal" path, no matter if the transformer has a center tap. However, they may be inside or outside the global feedback loop.

In that particular schematic the capacitors will be always inside the feedback loop, no matter if ground reference is taken from capacitor mid point and feedback from the emitters or vice-versa. Some means of DC balancing is required, though.
Yes, for my amplifier I need to added a small capacitor for feedback
line. Resistor of feedback R15 is 5.6K
Schematics:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102640

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.