From Italian PHILIPS ELCOMA (1981)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all :D

Many Years ago (1981) in Italy a famous book of Amplifiers was published by PHILIPS - ELCOMA

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

(This is a collection of Application Note published by firm PHILIPS S.p.A. Italia)
http://www.philips.it/

Parts of this Book can be reproduced with condition to quote the Author.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The Book start with hybrid IC OM 931 (30W) and OM961 (60W)
and continue with transistor amplifiers up to 100W

Many of these Amps are with single supply, bootstrap cap. and
darlington end stage.
Others amps are with simmetrical supply and CCS without bootstrap. :D

The only problem is that the end-stage bjt can be out of production... BDX66C BDX67C BDV64A BDV65A

:D

Unfortunately, its the only one I own.
Schematics would be nice indeed.

/Hugo

Attachments

• mvc-883fa.jpg
    mvc-883fa.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 551
Re: Va molto benne per qui la reproduzione parcially di schematico fratello

destroyer X said:

Will be very interesting to have some reproduction of schematic here my friend.

If you can post some....please, go ahead.

Avanti leggionario!

saluti

Carlo
Ciao,
Here I am ! :D
I have had to polish up everything schematics. :cannotbe:

Netlist said:
:D

Unfortunately, its the only one I own.
Schematics would be nice indeed.

/Hugo
Hi, :D

Here is the schematics....
This is single supply in three version (25/50/100W 4 Ohms)

Source of Schematics, PCB, PTH :
PHILIPS ELCOMA S.p.A. Piazza IV Novembre 3 - 20124 MILANO
From BOOK "Amplificatori di Bassa frequenza e Hi-Fi"
3rd edition - Jan 1981

Attachments

• schematics.gif
    schematics.gif
    29.1 KB · Views: 701
bdv-bdx series

all amplifiers including some from elector magazine that used bdx or bdv series of transistors almost end up in garbage ..... of course there is not only that the design is very old ... but may be working .... but most of the problem is the darligtons .....

design like smart kit 1077 and some others ...also the john fisher amplifier all of them are based in these transistors ...... none of them really working i.e. meaning produce power except quality and also be able to produce it in 100% or more levels ..... see my post about amplifier testing and abuse

most of these transistors say example bdv 66 have internal resistors between driver and output transistor may be diferent .....

MEANING THAT AMPLIFIERS LIKE THAT ARE GOOD AND STABLE ONLY IF YOU HAVE GUARANTE NOT MATCHED BUT PAIRED TRANSISTORS ........FOR P AND N

on the contrary designs from usa like PV an Fender used the same ideas but mostly with motorola's mj 11016-15 or now days ONSEMI .... MJ 11016 which actually working like hell .....

have fun

thank you very much indeed my dear DIY friend. i was really searching for this book. atleast i got this one in Italian. that is more than enough for me. i think philips circuits sounds good to my ears. i know it is not very high end. but it is fine for those who don't have golden ears.

thank you very much again

renjish

I love Philips company, their products always excelent.

Also sonics are fine.... old International line of speakers and belt turntables were excelent too.

I would be happy to have a little bit more infomation, some description of the last amplifier... circuit description, and i suppose Italian people are very good doing that evaluated by top maximum excelence of Suonno Magazines i use to read during seventies and eigthies.

Caro fratello, me piace tu lengua, mi nona é di firenze - Italy... a piu informazzione adicionale circa dei meglio amplificatore .... sent to my mail box could be an enormous pleasure to me...can you do that...some pages, scanned, of descrizioni di circuiti.

Dear friend, i like your language, my grandmother born in Florence, Italy... some little more information about the better amplifier, sent to my mail could be an enormous pleasure to me...can you do that?.... some pages, scanned, about circuit discription?

panzertoo@yahoo.com

above the happy mail box that will be laughing, jumping and making enormous noise (as i am an italian descendent...i am noisy) if receive your material.

Habiamo pizza, fettucinni, spaghetti, caneloni,panettoni perque siamo tutti italiani buona gente.

We have pizza, fettucini, spagheti, canelone, panetone because we are all italian and good people.

Il anexo é mi nona.

Avanti centurioni!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• nona olga danesi.gif
    nona olga danesi.gif
    55.4 KB · Views: 330
Re: I love Philips company, their products always excelent.

destroyer X said:
Also sonics are fine.... old International line of speakers and belt turntables were excelent too.

I would be happy to have a little bit more infomation, some description of the last amplifier... circuit description, and i suppose Italian people are very good doing that evaluated by top maximum excelence of Suonno Magazines i use to read during seventies and eigthies.

Caro fratello, me piace tu lengua, mi nona é di firenze - Italy... a piu informazzione adicionale circa dei meglio amplificatore .... sent to my mail box could be an enormous pleasure to me...can you do that...some pages, scanned, of descrizioni di circuiti.

Dear friend, i like your language, my grandmother born in Florence, Italy... some little more information about the better amplifier, sent to my mail could be an enormous pleasure to me...can you do that?.... some pages, scanned, about circuit discription?

panzertoo@yahoo.com

above the happy mail box that will be laughing, jumping and making enormous noise (as i am an italian descendent...i am noisy) if receive your material.

Habiamo pizza, fettucinni, spaghetti, caneloni,panettoni perque siamo tutti italiani buona gente.

We have pizza, fettucini, spagheti, canelone, panetone because we are all italian and good people.

Il anexo é mi nona.

Avanti centurioni!

regards,

Carlos
Hi Carlos ! :D

Ummm Cannelloni & Lasagne with tomato sauce are very good ! :yummy:

:D :D :D

In 1984 I have build the 100W version With BDX66C and BDX67C
and I have had this amplifier for many years .
The bootstrap circuit makes the really explosive sound !
The only negative aspect of this amplifier is the "bump"
generate from output capacitor.
For eliminate "bump" I have had to add a timing relay
for charge (at start) the capacitor.

a very little amplifier : class AB - Single (battery) supply - bootstrap - 1.2W

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3763/amp0eu2.gif

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.