Low Power Power Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is my first post so I apologize if I am not doing this correctly or if this issue has been discussed before.

I am looking for recommendations on a low power (25 wpc or less, preferably 10 wpc) power amp. I am aware of the models from First Watt, Monarchy Audio and the new SB model from Blue Circle.

Any other recommendations? Are there any DIY models available?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

If you like this one Radio, just tell me your supply voltage and then i will make the

schematic adequated to you..... positive 20 volts and negative 20 volts supply will give you the power you want.

More simple than this schematic will be hard to find...but it is old styled and without the intention to be the best wide world amplifier...just producing good sonics.

Visit the home page...if you apreciate...go to Dx amplifier thread or visit my E mail adress to complementary instructions and adjustments to your provided supply voltage.

panzertoo@yahoo.com

Visit the page...following this link, and give me the honor of your visit:

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gerskine/dxamp/

regards,

Carlos

Thanks for the info. I should have stated that I am looking for something other than a Chip Amp, but I am looking for the same basic idea in a traditional solid state amp. There are a bunch of people selling nice low power Chip Amps. Are there any other people out there making low power solid states amps besides First Watt, Monarchy and Blue Circle? I have read interesting things about a French company called ProFet but I am not sure they are available here in the US.

Chris,

if you are considering a small class A power amp such as the ProFet, i suggest you go for the First Watter F4.

Because:
- The F4 boards are about to be available from Peter Daniel.
- A bunch overhere will build it and able to offer advice.
- The F4 has a cost versus benefit ratio that is as good as unbeatable.
- The F4 can be scaled to your needs.
- Compare the F4 specs to the ProFet ones.
- The designer, what's his name, hands you the F4 for free.

The ProFet can be bought at selectronic.fr, an electronics store, but it doesn't come really cheap and the english pages are somewhat amusing.
Plenty of folks here who can hand you the ProFet schematics, btw.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.