diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Solid State (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/)
-   -   Schematic for PSE Studio IV Transistor Amp? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/102441-schematic-pse-studio-iv-transistor-amp.html)

PB2 24th May 2007 03:04 PM

Schematic for PSE Studio IV Transistor Amp?

A friend is looking for:
a schematic diagram for PSE Studio IV transistor power amp, please? This amp was made by a small company out of Minneapolis that only had a few dealers

Thanks,
Pete B.

AVWERK 24th May 2007 10:35 PM

Great amplifiers!

I have a MK 4 and MK 5 mono's. Don't have the schematic's, but I'll see if I can find his phone #

I believe he still repairs them, but seriously doubt if he will give anything out.

Regards
David

PB2 25th May 2007 12:44 AM

We were under the impression that factory service was not available. I believe that it was reviewed in The Audio Critic.

Thanks,
Pete B.

AVWERK 25th May 2007 10:56 PM

You might try this #612 943 1677

Stereophile reviewed it also.
I understand Richard Vandersteen used them as a benchmark when testing his speakers for a time

A Vandersteen dealer near me for a long time, swore up and down a Mark Levinson 23.5 was no better than the Mk 4 stereo version of the PSE.
The internal layout of this amp is about as good as it gets for the then asking price of 1000$

Hope the phone# is still valid and can help you out

Regards

David

PB2 29th May 2007 08:45 PM

I get a fast busy, no answer.

Anyone else who might have the schematic?

Pete B.

d to the g 18th August 2007 05:20 PM

Sorry for the late response, but...

I've spoken to Dean to try and get a schematic for my PSE Studio Two, and he said that no formal service manual was ever printed (for this much older unit).

You can email him at Dean removethisbit @pse-inc.com , if that doesnt work, email me and I can find his home telephone number for you.

pinkmouse 18th August 2007 05:28 PM

:cop:

Dean probably wouldn't appreciate you letting spambots get hold of his email, so I have edited it slightly. ;)

PB2 18th August 2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shallbehealed
Sorry for the late response, but...

I've spoken to Dean to try and get a schematic for my PSE Studio Two, and he said that no formal service manual was ever printed (for this much older unit).

You can email him at Dean removethisbit @pse-inc.com , if that doesnt work, email me and I can find his home telephone number for you.

Thanks very much, I'll give his email a try.

Pete B.

d to the g 20th August 2007 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by pinkmouse
:cop:

Dean probably wouldn't appreciate you letting spambots get hold of his email, so I have edited it slightly. ;)

Good looking out.

Excuse: Our boy is 2 weeks old now, and I haven't gotten much sleep.