Amps to drive Quad esl 63's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am a new member and not an expert, hence my question to the forum.
I have a pair of Quad esl 63's, purchased last year and they seem to work well with the Naim Nait 2 that I purchased new in the early 90's.
However, I recently considered upgrading to a seperate Naim power amp and using my Nait as a pre-amp and was then introduced to an amp that I had not hear of: Electrompaniet NSD 'The 2 Channel amplifier' and this was suggested as a good match with the Quads using the Nait as a preamp. I have read a litle of its history and development but have no idea what it would sound like.
Does anyone have any thoughts: better to stick with a Naim power amp?

Yes your are correct. The quads are a somewhat higher capacitive load than "average".

The Electrocompaniet would probably be fine, but if you like the naim sound go all the way with naim- don't mix and match. The 63's are really incredible speakers but they really need 50 tube watts or more solid state to get them performing their best. I spent many blissful hours with a pair of 988s and a Conrad Johnson MV-60 which is a 45watt EL-34 based amp.

nate

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.