newbie,QSC part substitutes sj9282,ne5532

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anyone recommend part substitutes for a QSC A32 power amp I'm working on? The schem list mj15015's and SJ9282's for the output transistors. And I'm looking for either a sub for the sj9282's or a different pairing altogether,this is an old amp so they just need to get the job done. If this thing last another 12 months I would be happy. I just don't want to bury it yet. I believe the drivers are mj15028/15029's?

Also their is a missing op amp on one of the channels listed on the schem as NE5532 I know these are long gone and QSC said 5532's would not work.

Any advice would be awesome. thanks

damn,I already screwed this up.

The schem calls for NE5530's. There is one in ch A,but the channel B one is missing. I asked qsc about 5532's and they said only 5530's,but did not offer a substitute. NE5530N is the one I would like to find a sub for along with a set output transistors that are not too expensive. Thanks though.

Thanks. And yeah I saw the mj15016's at mouser,but was hesitant. Why didn't QSC use them and instead used sj9282?

As long as I don't have any problems I would be more then happy to use 15016's.

And if anyone knows a direct replacement for the NE5530's that would be great. QSC told me not to use the 5532's.
Thanks again.

the SJ parts were probably cheaper at the time, since they were produced in huge numbers for manufacturers like peavey and qsc.

i would probably go with MJ15024 and 25. they are rated at 250V/16A

just make sure you replace the whole set in the blown channel if you do go with a replacement.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.