protect light is on can you help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Kenwood 923 2ch amp and a crunch 3004 4ch amp and they both have the protect light on i looked inside everything looks fine (no burns no caps blown apart i don't know) everything looks fine can someone help me i also have punch 150 old school that 1ch works fine and the other is distorted i opened it and one cap is blow apart so i think i have to replace that wright? thanks for the help......Chris

U have powered the unit after long storage, then...
u have to physically inspect the unit(s) for any bugs' outputs(liquid or solids) on the pcbs. These tend to conduct and the circuits will misbehave. The tracks will corrode and open. Check for green corrosion on the tracks.
If the storage was at considerably higher humidity levels/place, then u have to use a hot air blower and heat the pcbs with the power chord disconnected. Wait for it to cool down and then test.
Electrolytic capacitors on long storage tend to dry and fail on sudden power-up. U couldn't have avoided this anyhow.

Gajanan Phadte

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.