brand new to this.. how do i brige an amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey guys... i want to know how can i bridge an amp. im new to all this stuff so all ur guys info can help

i have a pyramid reno series PB442 300 watt 4 ch that my friend gave me and i have a 400 watt pioneer sub.....
now for starters i want to know how i can bridge my amp to get all 300 watts.

and another thing is on this amp it comes with really skinny wires... do i need the big gauge wires like everyone else has or can i use skinny wires?

and one more thing.... theres an orange wire that goes to the radio on the wiring digram... what is that for?

well thanks for ur time with me.... like i said im new to all this stuff and all ur info can really help

thank u :)

I'm guessing...

...the orange wire is the remote turn on, the amp remains mostly off until the radio signals to turn on with this wire.

The amp you mention has 4 channels, and assuming it is implemented internally in the same manner as the PB442x, it has a pair of stereo chip amps, which are already internally bridged...This basically means that while it might be good for 4 normal channels it's not a candidate for high power subwoofer duty.

You can find the manual for the pb442x here:

http://www.pyramidcaraudio.com/manuals/PB442X.pdf.

In any case, relatively thick power supply cables will be required to get the best from the amp, probably 8 gauge, running directly to the battery (ideally fused) and ground. The speaker cables can be smaller, simply because they only carry a small fraction of the total power each, 14 gauge is probably more than adequate.

HTH

Stuart

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.