Marantz SM-80 'scratching' noises

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I think I overdone it with my 'speaker party' :( The SM-80 is responsible for the bass in my speakers, and it seemed to have got a little too hot for it's output.
The output as such is fine, but :
- it takes quite a time to come 'online'
- there are scratching noises, which become louder- not the whole time, but every now and then- and (as far as I can hear) only at the right channel

It looks like the small electronic board at the front has become too hot, at least as I can see from the underside of the board. I replaced all the capacitors there, with no luck. The soldering points of the main transistors on that board look worst, but it seems it's not that easy to find these. I also re-soldered the whole board, with still no luck.
Maybe I'm lucky again and someone knows this phenomenon...

Thanks a lot in advance,
Chris

mmh, that wouldn't be nice :(
Yes, the protection turns off very late (being in IT that's what I meant with 'becoming online' :D )
can I test the transistors with a normal multimeter, too (transistor test, inductivity and capacity) or would I need a osci for that (which I don't have)?
what approximately should the DC offset be?
Sorry for the probably dumb questions, but apart from soldering and electronic basics I'm pretty hopeless in electronics...

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.